Wednesday, February 10, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LON CHANEY JR.!

Lon Chaney Jr.

Given the impending release of the big-budget remake of "The Wolfman" I decided to take a look yesterday at Eben McGarr's love letter to Universal horror films, "House of the Wolf Man." I didn't realize then that today is actually the birthday of the original Wolf Man, Lon Chaney Jr.! But thanks to Dr. Gangrene's Tales from the Lab Blog, now I know.

To celebrate, I've decided to share this outtake from "Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein." And should you decide to come back Friday (and really, you should) you'll be treated to my review of "Idle Roomers" - a Three Stooges short that finds Moe, Larry and Curly meeting a Wolf Man of their own - and most likely packing more entertainment (and maybe even more violence) in its 17 minutes than what looks to be a heavy-handed and lumbering 2 hours and 15 minutes of bloody gore from Del Toro and Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment