Wednesday, December 11, 2013

COMICS AND CHARITY... BETTER TOGETHER!!!

 photo LampH_-_Spy_Smasher_zps7fd36fcf.jpg

Hello, fans. Hope everyone out there is well with the holidays upon us.

Me? Well, I'm busier than ever. I thought I had done my last personal appearance of the year last week at my Bookends bookstore signing, but there were other plans in store for me of which I was unaware. Namely, a very special charity comic book sale happening this Sunday in Montclair, NJ. In this season of giving, what better way to end the year?

This is a fundraiser event organized by William Scheckel for former NJ comic book dealer Angie Beck whose health has been failing severely since her husband Ben died suddenly a year ago. A portion of the proceeds will go to Angie to help her get back on her feet. I'll be there signing and selling my books and comics. Please come on by!

Happy Karloff at comic stand with little girl photo KarloffComics.jpg
Why, even Uncle Boris likes comics! (photo courtesy of monsterkid.com)

There will be over 15,000 comics available from every decade, in every style and you're sure to find the perfect gift for the comics fan in your life (or even for yourself) - all the while donating to this worthy cause. For you horror-comedy fans out there, I'll be on hand with my ARCHIE'S WEIRD MYSTERIES and VINCENT PRICE books, along with (of course) my other various other projects.

So what're you waiting for? Don't sit on a stoop waiting for comics to come to you - get up, go out and get 'em and help a great cause, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment