Tuesday, November 3, 2015

TUESDAY TUNE!

 photo On20stage20with20O-Matics2010-30-15_zpsqrsv7sgm.jpg

Not an illusion... not a mirage... not an imaginary tale! No, that's really a photo of me onstage... singing with my friends, The O>Matics!

The O>Matics are a terrific Jersey rock band with a ton of great, often satirical tunes in their arsenal. They graciously allowed me to sit in on three numbers during their concert this past Friday, and being the night before Halloween, The Monster Mash was the perfect addition to the set list. And guess who got to sing it?

What a thrill for me to sing a song that's been a favorite of mine since I was a child in the early 1970s (the 1962 hit single was re-released at that time and charted all over again). The Monster Mash is just as responsible for my lifelong love of horror-comedy as Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein. And there was even some unintentional humor: I accidentally sang "carpetbaggers" instead of "coffin diners!"

DISCLAIMER: While I am a published songwriter and did have a single out in the late 1980s, I'd never sung "live" in front of an audience before until this past Friday. I'm never going to be mistaken for a professional singer, but I just went out there and had a blast, and with rock 'n roll, isn't that what it's all about? It was great fun, and I am extremely grateful to the O>Matics, a terrific group of guys, for this amazing opportunity! ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment